From New York City
- Take the Long Island Expressway (I-495) East to Exit 70.
- Take Exit 70 (Route 111 – Manorville) South to Route 27 East towards Montauk.
- Stay on Route 27 East through The Hamptons through the village of Montauk.
- Remain on Route 27 to West Lake Drive (CR 77), which is 1.4 miles past the center of town.
- Watch for Montauk Harbor sign and brown sign for Montauk Downs State Park.
- Turn Left onto West Lake Drive – CR 77.
- Travel 1.8 miles to Star Island Road. Watch for 30 m.p.h.
speed limit sign with U.S. Coast Guard emblem at the base of the sign.
- Turn Right onto Star Island Road.
- Follow Star Island Road, past Snug Harbor Motel/Marina to Gurney’s Star Island Resort and Marina.
From Northern New Jersey or Upstate NY
- Take the George Washington Bridge to the Cross Bronx Expressway eastbound.
- Follow the Cross Bronx Expressway to the Throgs Neck Bridge.
- Cross the Throgs Neck Bridge into Queens to the Clearview Expressway.
- Take Clearview to LI Expressway (I-495) towards eastern LI and proceed as above.
From Staten Island, Central or Southern NJ
- Take Goethals Bridge or Outerbridge from New Jersey to Staten Island.
- Follow the Staten Island Expressway to the Verrazano Narrows Bridge into Brooklyn.
- From the bridge, connect with the Belt Parkway eastbound, past JFK Airport to the Southern State (SO) Parkway eastbound.
- Continue on Southern State to Exit 44E – Route 27 (Montauk) and proceed as above.